Technical IT Professional with 25 years of IT experience including 13 years of hands-on software and database development
with all major technologies including Oracle, DB2, Access, MySQL, SQL, PHP, CSS, C, Java, and VB.
Highly motivated, quality focused professional with a proven track record of tackling large, complex
IT projects in a distributed, global environment.
Known as an impact player with broad technical experience and excellent leadership qualities capable of delivering
"out of the box" solutions to provide exceptional value to end customers.
Areas of expertise include:
- Website Development
- Database Design & Development
- Custom Software Development
- Executive Dashboards
- Program Management
- Project Management
- Project Office
- Inventory Control
- Public Sector
- Financial Services
- Medical Research
- Project Recovery
- Project Assessments
- Due Diligence
- Organizational Transformation
- Supply Chain Management
- Bill of Materials
August 2009 - present: ManTech International, Inc.
Program Manager and Solution Architect responsible for architecting solutions and delivering technical solutions for public sector
clients. Draft Management Approach and Technical Approach section for large Programs and projects.
December 1998 - August 2009: Keane, Inc.
Director, Service Delivery
Direct the delivery of Keane's contracted service offerings to clients. Manage all service
delivery functions including Project Office, Practice Management, Client Delivery, Business
Development, Program Management, Project Management, and IT Coordination. Architect business
solutions and value propositions for executive client management. Highlights include:
- Reduced late time reporting by 50% in 2 months by establishing a consistent reporting process
and metrics to track compliance.
- Achieved superior customer satisfaction as measured by service credits. The target for
service credits was not to exceed $57,000 on $19M of revenue (.3%), actual service credits were $9,500 (.05%).
- Responsible for eight direct reports, three locations, and 275 consultants.
- Developed Executive level dashboards to track status of Enterprise initiatives related
to the divestiture of a large International conglomerate ($18B 2005 revenue).
Established a Program Management Office (PMO) for the Wealth Management Services division of
State Street Bank and Trust Company. Managed distributed teams using a global delivery model
with offshore, near-shore and onshore locations. Collaborated with Office of CIO to establish
an Enterprise portfolio management PMO. Highlights include:
- Managed a distributed project team of 65 people using a global delivery model with offshore,
nearshore and onshore locations.
- Defined the information model for the Enterprise portfolio management PMO.
- Defined and implemented the process management component of the Enterprise
portfolio management PMO using QuickPlace.
Directed the recovery effort after the initial PMO implementation stalled. Continued on after
the recovery effort to provided the day-to-day management and leadership in the Keane Program
Management Office (PMO) for the U.S. Air Force supply chain modernization ($127M, 10-year initiative).
Managed the definition and implementation of processes to control financials, delivery performance,
quality, change, infrastructure, subcontracts, and risk. Highlights include:
- Increased earned value from 0% to 84% in five months.
- Increased standards compliance by 25%.
- Eliminated $150K budget deficit within 5 months.
- Participated in J2EE code walkthroughs and design reviews.
- Managed a distributed project team with three locations.
- Leveraged the Rational Unified Process (RUP) and the Evolutionary Process for Integrating COTS (EPIC)
to deliver new capability that dramatically improved the efficiency of the Air Force supply chain.
Area QA Manager
Conducted project assessments, documented areas for improvement and managed the corrective
action process. Conducted proposal/RFP reviews and presented review results to Senior Management.
Developed technical curriculums and delivered advanced project management training. Conducted due
diligence for mergers, acquisitions, and large outsourcing engagements. Highlights include:
- Conducted 57 project assessments.
- Member of the due diligence team for corporate acquisition of offshore capability. Worked directly with CEO
and management consultants to assess and evaluate the delivery capability and cultural fit of the offshore company.
* - More than 3 years of experience
^ - Considered an expert by my peers
Languages: Visual Basic ( * ), C, Java, PHP, SAS ( * ), SQL( * ^ ), FORTRAN, PL/1,
SPECOL, ASI/Inquiry, Pascal, REXX ( * ^ ), EXEC2, Easytrieve, COBOL ( * ), CSP, LANSA, Basic
Operating Systems: UNIX ( * ), Linux, Windows/NT, Windows ( * ), PrimeOS, RSTS/E, OS/2 ( * ), MVS/XA ( * ), VM/CMS ( * ), DOS ( * )
AWK, SED, Korn Shell ( * ), SyncSort ( * ^ ), CPL
MS-Project ( * ^ ), Project Workbench ( * ^ ), Project Bridge ( * ^ ), Timeline
RUP, EPIC, Function Point Analysis, Earned Value Management, Keane Frameworks, Waterfall, Concept/90, SDLC, Method/1
Microsoft Office ( * ^ ), ERWin, Lotus Notes R4.x & R5, Visio ( * )
Microsoft Sharepoint, Lotus QuickPlace, NetMeeting
IBM 4341 ( * ), 4381, 3090, Amdahl ( * )
AS/400, RS6000 ( * ), SunSparc ( * ), DEC PDP 11 series, VAX 750, Prime 9955, IBM RT
Palm M5xx, Itronix T5000, Bar code readers
Peer-to-peer, Netware 2.12, 3.12, 4.01
University of Phoenix -- Phoenix, AZ
Bachelor of Science, Information Technology
University of Maryland -- Augsburg, Germany
Associates in Arts, Computer Science
Additional Work ExperienceTop
July 1998 - December 1998: Unique Computing, Inc.
- Established processes and procedures to transform the organization from a supplemental staffing business model
to a solutions based consulting model.
- Managed a 25-person development team.
- Developed and maintained Gantt charts and staffing plans for a 55,000 man-hour project.
- Managed six projects ranging in size from 91 to 427 function points.
- Delivered 80% of projects under budget.
- Provided technical oversight and mentoring of team members.
- Developed applications and utilities to perform analog to digital switch conversions
using AWK, SED, C, and Shell scripts in a Unix environment.
- Developed an on-line help application using VB for a proprietary handheld computer.
- Supervised six business analysts in the development of application design specifications to
support a new 800,000 sq-ft distribution center with six high-speed sortation conveyor systems
and 21,000 feet of conveyor.
Senior Software Engineer
- Enhanced the software development infrastructure by developing and implementing source
code management procedures, disaster recovery procedures, and formal software testing procedures.
- Developed a critical order processing database application in FoxPro.
- Assisted in the development of new product lines and evaluated new technologies.
- Developed and maintained an 8-year strategic business plan.
- Exceeded all revenue goals and growth projections for 3 consecutive years.
- Serviced 17 clients in 3 states.
- Participated in the project specification process for a commercial order entry application.
- Trained client personnel in structured database development techniques and procedures.
- Assisted in the development of a network expansion plan involving multiple servers, remote
locations and remote access.
- Installed 3 Novell networks and 2 peer-to-peer networks.
- Provided network support for 8 clients on Novell Netware 2.12, 3.11 and peer-to-peer networks.
- Designed, developed and implemented a time and attendance system in FoxPro that provided automated input to
in-house payroll and billing systems.
- Implemented bar code technology, which reduced time reporting tasks by 88%.
- Developed user interface for an imaging research project to measure the resolution of X-ray film.
- Supervised 4 consultants and 1 programmer in the design and development of an interface linking blood
analysis equipment to a mainframe database via a PC.
- Directed the requirements gathering process and participated in the system design.
- Developed the PC to mainframe user interface.
- Designed and developed a patient tracking system used for the analysis and tracking of
family histories and their association with specific genetic disorders.
- Coordinated hardware and software installation.
- Managed the installation of 2,000 PC's within a 1-year period.
- Assisted in the analysis, design, modification, new development, and implementation of a
manufacturing system. Coded inventory control, bill of material, and MRP modules using COBOL,
SQL, CPL, SyncSort, and Lisp in a PrimeOS environment.
- Developed and implemented software standards, coding techniques, standardized unit testing,
software review and software evaluation procedures.
- Designed and developed interface programs and drivers to transfer payroll and insurance
data to various suppliers of employee benefits.
- Assisted payroll development team with development of interface programs in COBOL, REXX, and Easytrieve;
loading of master files and system tables; preparation and execution of acceptance
and unit test plans; and documentation of operational and recovery procedures.
- Assisted in the conversion of xEdit, REXX and JCL programs from a VM/CMS environment
to a native MVS environment.
Enciphered Communications Crypto-Analyst
- Received national level recognition for development of data analysis systems using SQL, SAS, REXX, SPECOL,
and a variety of utility languages.
- Additional duties are classified.